Sunday, August 22, 2004

A Change of Home

So here I am at Carson Newman. I finally got moved in and I can't imagine a more desirable or yet a more disappointing homecoming than I've had today. It feels like the beginning of my senior year, and yet it still feels like I've come back home. I'm listening to Garrison Keillor again - seems like something I constantly come too. I shouldn't be up this late, because I've got a few things to do tomorrow morning. And yet, I have that feeling that I always got that caused me to forget my obligations for the next day. Of course, "Do not worry about tomorrow. Let tomorrow worry about itself." I can't really type well while listening to something like this. Something that keeps my attention like Garrison Keillor's wonderfully captivating voice.

There we go - story's over. Now I can type. Sorry for the lackluster droning that took place before that. I titled this post as such because I seem to have had, in the past few years, several 'homes.' They say home is where the heart is, and Kat and I refer to being with each other as 'home,' because nothing else seems to fall under the word so well. I don't really feel at home at my parents' house. Of course that's not their fault, I don't know if it's anybody's fault. I suppose I'm truly scared about what in the world I'm going to do after college. There are all these plans and things to be taken care of. It's difficult to trust God (for some stupid reason), but I know this will make Kat and I stronger. I don't really have much important to say. I suppose I just wanted to sit down and talk, since the day's been so crazy. Funny how I'll take anybody who'll listen, even if it's a keyboard and a computer screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home