Saturday, September 18, 2004

Walks

Sometimes I love feeling American. I don't really know what that means. I guess it means I just love being alive and walking through places where people are alive. Andy, Jared and I spent the morning taking a walk down through Jefferson City. Listening to Andrew Osenga on the way back in Andy's jeep with the windows down. The night is just cool enough to be comfortable, and a bit of a breeze is left, thanks to Hurricane Ivan. I had an espresso and we watched Dead Poets Society. Sometimes I just have to let go of all present things and go walk through the world and breathe the air like that. I can't care about a whole heck of a lot right now. Life is too beautiful at times to let things like school and schedules and work bring you down. Don't get me wrong, work and such is important, but it pales in comparison to the things we have worked for. Don't really take what I say and "set it up as the one thing you should follow at all costs." (CS Lewis) I just felt like writing. A cocktail of Dead Poets Society, espresso, rain-cleansed air, and early morning/late night brings out this sort of thing in me. Just a rant from a crazy man. But thanks for listening, whoever you might be. Go take a constitutional of some kind.

2 Comments:

and Blogger Jared Lucas addressed the Senate...

I have say the ability to walk during the early morning hours is a real American pleasure.

7:46 PM, September 19, 2004  
and Blogger A. Whipple addressed the Senate...

You're not kidding, since we've been stopped by cops for taking an evening constitutional before.

10:44 PM, September 20, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home