Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A Rock So Big

Right now, the whole apartment smells like jambalaya. I can't wait to taste the treasure hiding in the crock pot in the kitchen. And I hope it tastes as good as it smells.

I've often heard questions such as, "Can God make a rock so big that He can't move it?" I think it's really foolish to say such things. But you must know, I've asked them too - even that one. But I think that such questions have no answers that we can know. When Jesus hung upon the cross, the Pharisees mocked him and said, "If you are the Son of God, come down from the cross." Even one of the thieves said such things to him: "Are you not the Son of God? Save yourself and us as well." And I can't help but think of what Jesus said to Pilate. "You would have no power over me if it were not given you from above." For us to sit and ponder whether the God with whom all things are possible can make something impossible for himself is foolishness. Jesus said, "I have authority to lay my life down and to take it up again." I think that our Father's power goes beyond what we can imagine or know. We are made finite by nature, and it is written and woven deep in our being to be mortal and to have limitations. It is through our limitations that we see God as holy, in His omnipotence and His grace which exceeds all understanding and knowledge. Foolish questions like this prove that God is far far beyond our understanding. Glory be to God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost that His Grace exceeds us all, and stretches to horizons past those where are feet are able to waywardly tred.

1 Comments:

and Blogger Jared Lucas addressed the Senate...

Too True, All to often I'm involved in dicussions which the root of it is thinking about an attribute of God.

I step back and say God made the box your trying to put him in and walk away with the huge grin on my face

9:12 PM, February 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home