Saturday, August 13, 2005

Electronic Rigamarole

For those of you who didn't know and came to the show Saturday, we recorded it. My dad was in the back pulling a direct line out of the house board. Now, experience with live recording tells me that it's not going to turn out that great, especially with a setup like that. And especially when I can't really hear my voice in the monitors. It makes me tend to oversing, and that makes me lose pitch and tone. But, I shall take the massive 1-track recording to Jared's house and we'll see what we can pull off of it. Burn Away sounds pretty good. Come Thou Fount and Swing Low Sweet Chariot sound even better (since they were just me and my guitar - easy mixing). We might even be able to pull off Fast Asleep. Jared's pretty good with Goldwave, so who knows.

I also talked to Karen Reynolds about doing an on-air interview and some songs on Writer's Block on WDVX in Knoxville. They have a pretty widespread demographic through webcast, so publicity and such would be great. But Karen's reply was that things would go better with a cd to pitch. So I'm back to my old friend, square one. However, things might be looking up in that arena. I've just secured a job at Starbucks, so I will be able (bills notwithstanding) to save up a little income and finally put together an album. I think it's finally and actually the next step in the process of songwriting. I've got some good sources where I can put things together for fairly cheap. I'm also going to be looking for some new equipment. So if anyone has an LRBaggs Para-acoustic DI, a Boss DD-3, or the Boss RV-5 (and any of these that they're willing to get rid of or sell for cheap, I will soon enter the market. My friend Nathan put a Dark Earth pickup in my Maton for me, and it sounds so much better than the crappy ProMag I had. But I think he got me addicted to better control of my sound. Problem with the ParaAcoustic is, I'll have to carry around a sack of 9V's with me, but enough people swear by it that I'll certainly give it a go. I might be putting some practice amps on eBay soon as well, but I'll let you know. Thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

and Blogger Jared Lucas addressed the Senate...

Just call me and come on by..

7:49 PM, August 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home