Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Don't

On my list of do-s and don't-s, I'd like to add a recently discovered don't:

DON'T buy and/or attempt to use the little printer ink cartridge refill kits. I'm talking about the ones that have the little squeeze bottles with dull needles on them that you can inject directly into your printer cartridges. First of all, the computer hardware company has effectively prevented you from doing so by making it impossible to gain entry into the printer cartridge without destroying it. ie; they want you to pay the ungodly amount of money that it costs to buy a new cartridge every time you run out of ink. Is it a conspiracy of sorts? Yes. Is it legal? Unfortunately. Reason number two (and the inspiration for this post): Those little squeeze bottles of ink that you inject into your empty cartridges? Yeah, that's real ink in a crappy bottle with a crappy dispenser system. So, in my cheap-skate efforts to thwart the dastardly plans of Hewlett Packard, I have now died my hands a nice calico of magenta and cerulean. That's hot pink and blue to the Christopher Lowell-challenged reader. I look like I got in a fight with a crayola marker box and lost. I'm nearly willing to get out a belt-sander and go to work to remove this evidence of either my stupidity or my clumsiness (both of which are evident enough on their own). But, yeah, the moral of the story is, They've got you on this one. Go ahead and buy the new cartridges.

2 Comments:

and Blogger Jared Lucas addressed the Senate...

Yet another group of people that has you by the junk when it comes to replacing their product.

I'll be up Jeff City way Sunday afternoon sometime.

7:59 AM, September 10, 2005  
and Blogger A. Whipple addressed the Senate...

Garr! Sunday afternoon I'll be in Halls for church and such.

8:41 AM, September 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home