Sunday, March 26, 2006

Novum

The forsythias and jonquils have smiled persistent blossoms through the cold snaps of a Tennessee spring again, and I don't think they're done yet. I, however, am quite ready for God to flip the switch for the season. I want to put Bart (the aloe plant) outside and I want to sit on the porch and drink tea and beer and listen to tree frogs. And, of course, I want to ride bikes and go for walks in the waning sun of southern dusk.

Aside from the commonly unusual weather patterns around here, I shall tell you some things that I'm excited about. To start off with, I think Kat and I have found a church where we want to be members. This is an answer to a few different prayers. It's been difficult to really be a part of the Body at Salem because of the distance and because of the family ties. I love my family, but Kat and I are beginning to think that the striking out of starting a new family (or at least a new branch of the old one) even extends to church. That's difficult for me to see Scripturally, but I feel increasingly led away from Salem. So, we've been visiting different places. And today, we landed upon a church that has a very missional, relational view of the Body of Christ. In the sermon I heard today, and more especially, in the people I met, I felt that I would be challenged but loved. I felt like I could be honest with people - like telling your best friend a secret that you've never told anyone. We're going to a small group get-together tonight, and I hope that with prayer and love, we can really meet some people here who will stand with us in perseverance. Like jonquils and forsythias, we will last through the cold.

I've also been on a cooking bout since Kat got back. While she was with her folks in Florida, I had nobody to cook for, so my dietary habits were reduced to whatever was lying around. But we got a Sam's card when she got back, and a new shelf to make a pantry out of, so I brought out the Wolfgang in me. A few recent creations include 1) chicken cordon bleu sandwiches 2) bread pudding 3) freshly baked bread 4) and a wonderful bruschetta. I keep inviting people to come over and eat, but they never do. Hopefully, this will tantalize someone enough to draw them to our door. We do love guests, so give us a shout and we'll make a feast.

Continuing in the vein of cooking, my mother-in-law got me a small herb garden. So I am sprouting with fresh mint and chives, plus the Scarborough Four. Kat didn't know that song! The stuff they're not teaching our kids..... But we got this little full-spectrum light for the plants, so it looks like we're growing marijuana in our kitchen. But as long as I'm not smoking rosemary, I think deceiving looks won't be a problem.

I also developed a new roll of film, and I think my favorite shot is this one.



au revoir~

2 Comments:

and Blogger A. Whipple addressed the Senate...

It's a stamp. 39 cents! I'm just kidding. You should come out to the show at Grounds and Sounds if you're still in the area.

9:51 AM, March 27, 2006  
and Blogger A. Whipple addressed the Senate...

Powell. It's a little coffee shop on Emory Rd run by FBC Powell. It's somewhat across from Powell HS.

10:56 PM, March 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home