Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hippocrates, Come Quickly

Sick. Always a pleasure, to be sick. So, I'm using the given "free" time to sit around the house, watch Law & Order, drink tea, eat soup, and appreciate the freedom of being able to walk down the road and smell the air without feeling crappy. This, of course, is a blessed ability, which deprivation has brought a little more into light.

Many thanks to all who came out to Greg Adkins' show at New City Cafe this past Thursday. I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had, and how cool the crowd was - especially Greg's son Connor, who stole the entire show with a heartfelt rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. I got to hear the exceptional talents of both Heidi Gilson and Dave Potts, who reassured me with our conversation over Wendy's hamburgers - mentioning the fact that he did his first cds himself and that they're....below par.....in comparison with his later material. That's good news to someone like me with a below par recording. It's not that the folks who helped me did poorly. It's more that.....I'm picky. But if you missed the show, Dave Potts is definitely a musician to look up, with songs in the vein of David Wilcox and Allen Levi.

At that, I'm going to leave you. I never really feel like doing anything when I'm sick.....

1 Comments:

and Blogger Jared Lucas addressed the Senate...

why don't you call a brother every now and then. I know your not that busy; or heck even one of your preferred method of correspondence a letter.

8:17 AM, September 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home