Thursday, November 30, 2006

Woes of SD

For Christmas, my brother-in-law got Kat and I both 2GB SD expansion cards. Sweet deal! says I. Now I can move my 256MB card to my mp3 player and have more than 8 songs when I go jogging (albeit, not often enough). But, as I do, I spoke too loudly, and the Palm Triumvirate heard from afar. Not so fast! says Palm. With the frustrations of my Zire 31 not reading the 2gig card, I began to search for answers. And thus, the report on SD compatibility. Does also strike you as odd that Palm has to test their products to be compatible with certain hardware? One would think that the designers would be able to say, "We didn't design it for that." Or, they could play the Bill Gates trump card and simply design all their own stuff that's already compatible. And then they could design and release a new version every year or so, then re-release it without all the bugs. But, I digress....

So, no full albums and hours and hours of music to go with my limited PDA battery life. Sigh...there are worse problems in the world. But, it's fun to pretend I'm a tech geek and fool around with these things with foolishly approximated know-how. I suppse that you now know, SD is not South Dakota. I've never been, but would like to go. If you feel like sending me to experience Rushmore and....the rest of South Dakota, I'm accepting personal checks.

1 Comments:

and Anonymous Anonymous addressed the Senate...

I'm reminded of

Robin Williams: Live on Broadway

"Mr. Gates when you realize your forming a monopoly?"...."Monopoly just game Senator I'm trying to control the stinking world."

7:59 PM, December 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home