Monday, December 04, 2006

The 96th Thesis, and Ensuing Divorce

Here's a farm-out for today.

Read Laurie Goodstein's article on the secession of a San Joaquin diocese from the Episcopal Church. To me, their move is somewhat reminiscent of 'nailing one's issues to the door', and I wonder if it's right. It certainly does not present a good front for the Body of Christ as a whole, but let's leave that out for a moment (especially in lieu of the lack of necessity for all righteous action to be peaceable).

What could one do, in their position, except secede at this time? Given the structure of the Episcopal Church, it seems difficult to initiate a vote of No Confidence (of sorts) considering Bishop Schori's 'Get Over It' approach to her recent promotion.

Another question: What sort of opportunity does this present believers?

2 Comments:

and Anonymous Anonymous addressed the Senate...

I applaud the San Joaquin diocese. Yes I do agree that it looks and smells of yet another divergent in the church. But this is on an issue of morality(hence why I applaud).

This local diocese is acting boldly where I think the Baptist/Protestant church has become complacent. Although at present date I don't think we (as baptists) have had to deal with this sort of issue.

8:34 PM, December 05, 2006  
and Blogger A. Whipple addressed the Senate...

I still feel sorrow when there cannot be Unity. When some have ceased to follow Christ, that Unity breaks anyways, and I feel (from my distant and uninformed vantage point) that they are making the right decision.

It's a divorce though, in every sense of the word, and it feels like one.

Today's word: esqag

Esqag / to climb in a methodical manner along a meandering path, as in a rock face.

9:38 AM, December 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home