Thursday, January 25, 2007

New City Benefit

I cannot describe to you how happy and blessed I was to be playing at New City tonight. The benefit show went far beyond anything I could have dreamed up. It seemed I reached for the moon in planning it, and a star snuck up behind me with a kiss. God is most beautifully faithful! Thank you so much to everyone who came out tonight, and all the musicians and songwriters who made it such a blast - and especially, to Nathan and Britta who make my music take on a new and beauteous life of its own, and to Jen who patiently hung out with us and took up door money, served coffee, and ran the register. I have to say that, all in all, my favorite point in the evening was Stephen and Brantley Cox ending their set with 'Aidelweiss', sung a cappella. We all played new songs, and saw old faces. And, sure enough, the cafe pulled in quite a bit of money. But I think we were all blessed far beyond what we put into the evening. Through the company and the sharing of soul-baring music, we grew together like grafted tree trunks. Thank you again, all of you, for making the evening what it was.

...and ye shall not have room enough to receive it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home