Saturday, January 13, 2007

Reviews

Kat and I went to Pinnacle 18 to use our free pass tonight to see The Pursuit of Happyness. After hearing on the radio about Will Smith's exuberance for the script and storyline (he received it while filming I, Robot and called them back the next day), this was one I had to see for myself, and it did not disappoint.

Smith portrays Chris Gardner, founder and CEO of Christopher Gardner International Holdings, in his story of chasing the American Dream (ironically, yesterday was the birthday of Horatio Alger, Jr., whose 100+ novels are greatly responsible for the idea of the American Dream). I have never seen seen Smith at this level. This is such a far cry from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. He's becoming one of my favorite actors to watch. The cinematography in the film is good, but not especially spectacular, but that's alright since the film is more about the story. The soundtrack plays very well with the movie, ranging from Paul Simon, to Stevie Wonder, to the credits rolling to Seal. Plus the previews give you a glimpse of Reign Over Me with Don Cheadle and Adam Sandler in a wonderfully different role for him. His comedy's not exactly my brand of humor, though parts of Click were hilarious (especially the 'tongue' thing), but I loved Spanglish more than I thought I would.

As for review #2, some of the guys from Portland Studios are starting a business called 12 Stone Art. I'll let the work speak for itself, though, out of respect for the artists, this is only a preliminary sketch from their site.



But you need to go and check out the final product in a big way.


The Pursuit of Happyness

12 Stone Art

2 Comments:

and Anonymous Anonymous addressed the Senate...

The most moving part for me in Pursuit of Happyness was when he's trying to keep the bathroom door closed with his foot.

definite tear jerker.

It really hit some solid chords with me in living on a seminary budget.

10:31 AM, January 15, 2007  
and Anonymous Anonymous addressed the Senate...

The most moving part for me in Pursuit of Happyness was when he's trying to keep the bathroom door closed with his foot.

definite tear jerker.

It really hit some solid chords with me in living on a seminary budget.

10:35 AM, January 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home