Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Household Critters: Part 2

Thank you for your patience over the past few days. I would tell you that I've been busy, but I really haven't felt like writing. Not sure if that's good or bad or something else. The driving force behind me right now, however, is the solitary existence of a "Part 1", like an olive without a pimento, like an oreo with no middle, like Zan without Jayna (10 extra points if you get that one).

So, the other household critter on the menu? Me. Yep, that's right. Let me go ahead and let the cows into the cornfield here.

I judge you for the following: a bad attitude, a good attitude, the books you read, how much TV you watch, the music you listen to, the cosmetic condition of your shoes, your car, your diction, your obedience of the law, your disobedience of the same, the cleanliness of your house, the cosmetic condition of your Bible, your lack/abundance of jewelry and/or facial hair, your bed time, what time you get up, your diet, your approach to education, the color of your skin, the way you say certain words, the words you fail to say, the clothes you wear, and the amount of time I see you during the day.

That said, I am guilty of the following: a bad attitude, a good attitude, the books I read, how much TV I watch, the music I listen to, the cosmetic condition of my shoes, my car, my diction, my obedience of the law, my disobedience of the same, the cleanliness of my house, the cosmetic condition of my Bible, my lack of jewelry and abundance of facial hair, my bed time, what time I get up, my diet, my approach to education, the color of my skin, the way I say certain words, the words I fail to say, the clothes I wear, and the amount of time you see me during the day.

Alas! I am revealed to be the very hypocrite I despise. And yet, I would do you a greater disservice if I did not say, "Thanks be to God in Jesus Christ" for his sufficient grace!

Most of the men I go to church with have spent time behind bars for the pursuit of happiness. I can't say the same. My sins are unfortunately less obvious and more easily hidden. But, to tell you the truth, I'm glad that you know some of them. Let us now look forward to the reading and writing we shall do together, a little more known than before. Let us drink up, my friends, to the hammer-song of shattering pretenses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home