Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mic Check

Hello?

Hello, is this thing on?


A man walks onto the stage, hearing whispers of the vaudeville ghosts rustling the velveteen curtain. An old Shure 52 stands alone in the island of a spotlight, daring him to plant the seeds of his voice into the waiting airwaves.

It seems to have been a while since I've done this, I hope you'll forgive me. I'm a little rusty.

He looks up into the sound booth, a beacon of dim yellow light three miles across the auditorium. The man with the headphones on flips a switch and pushes up a fader hopefully. The red light on the outside of the booth blares its presence into the dark.

.....


We have stepped back into the river of the information superhighway here at Sinclair House. The water's a little further along than when I left it, but I'm glad to be back (sort of - the hiatus was a blessing, and it has taught me a few things). A lot has happened since then, but I'm not going to bother you with the details. I'm sure it will come out in the wash.

I'll try to return to the world of blogging with regularity and validity.

Oh, and here's the newest blogging fodder to add to your repertoire-
The Rabbit Room

1 Comments:

and Blogger Adam addressed the Senate...

"and validity..." nice. too much kitsch out there. type away, amigo.

6:40 AM, January 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home