Sunday, April 13, 2008

More Awesome People I Know

Quite a while back I reviewed Arthur Alligood's album Under the Gray. Besides being a great guy with a fantastic sense of humor and a giving heart, Arthur is a writer of songs that are storied expositions of the human condition and its continuous ping-pong game between grace and guilt. This is his third project to date, and his second project produced by Andrew Osenga of The Normals and Caedmon's Call.

My stars and garters! (as my mother would say) This album needs a band behind it. Both its moving points and its still-life figures keep me riveted. It's wonderful as an acoustic project, but I'd like to hear it with a band as well. I feel a great need to go pick up some instruments and begin to add guitars and accordions and pianos and orchestras and hurdie-gurdies and cajons.

Here's the best part: it's FREE! Absolutely free, with no strings attached and no purchase necessary. Just go to Arthur's website and download it. The only problem is, I can't seem to get it onto my iPod, and the content won't load into a playlist on my laptop. Hopefully, you can get it to work better than I can (have no fear, I'm technologically incompatible anyway), because it's worth taking with you.

1 Comments:

and Blogger Arthur Alligood....Husband, Father, Songwriter, and Student addressed the Senate...

Thanks Adam. One guy wrote me and described the ep as "pleasantly dissatisfying." He, too was picking up the guitar and adding parts. I guess this is a good thing. I promise the next record will be layered and huge sounding.

9:41 PM, April 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home